What should I pack when moving to Oslo?
We asked people living in Oslo to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Oslo, it is important to pack warm clothing, as the climate is cold and wet. A good waterproof jacket and boots are essential for the winter months. It is also important to bring a good supply of sunscreen and sunglasses, as the sun can be strong during the summer months. Additionally, it is a good idea to bring a few items of traditional Norwegian clothing, such as a bunad, to fit in with the locals. Finally, it is important to bring any necessary documents, such as a passport and visa, to ensure a smooth transition to your new home," remarked another expat in Oslo, Norway.
"I wish I had brought more clothes, more kitchen stuff like pots and pans(too expensive here) and my skis- they were not cheap to buy! I wish I had left my small kitchen appliances- I brought voltage converters and they are a pain, it would have been easier to just buy Norwegian ones. I would not have brought so many shoes- coming from Houston I have a lot of sandals and heels, both are impractical to wear most of the year," said a member in Oslo, Norway.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
- What do I need to know before retiring in Oslo?
- What do I need to know before moving to Oslo?
- How do I find a place to live in Oslo?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Oslo?
- What is the average cost of housing in Oslo?
- How do I meet people in Oslo?
- What should I pack when moving to Oslo?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Oslo?
- Will I be able to find a job in Oslo?
- What is life like in Oslo?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Oslo?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Oslo?
- What is the social scene like in Oslo?
- What advice to expats in Oslo have about housing?
- What are medical services in Oslo like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Oslo?
- Is the cost of living in Oslo high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Oslo?
- Why do people move to Oslo?
What should I pack when moving to Oslo?If you live in Oslo, newcomers to Oslo would love to hear your answer to this question.