What should I pack when moving to Tromso?
We asked people living in Tromso to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"Clothing and accessories suited to cold weather; gloves, hat, scarf, warm coat, quality waterproof boots, snow tires for vehicle, extra blankets, space heater, rain gear, snow chains, winter survival kit, extra layers of clothing, essential medicines, sunscreen, insect repellent, water filter, groceries, flashlight and/or candles, matches or lighter for lighting candles/fire, games and activities for entertainment, extra bedding, blankets and pillows, camping supplies if you plan to go outdoors, toiletries and personal items, local currency, guidebooks and maps of the area, laptop, electronics and chargers, camera and cleaning supplies, sturdy furniture and appliances," remarked another expat who made the move to Tromso, Norway.
"First of all, coming from California and moving to the Arctic we figured we needed to dress for extremely cold weather. I would of left all the California Arctic gear at home and waited til I got to Tromso to buy. Bring normal going out clothes, not the mountain gear you would think to wear, people dress nice here. I wish I would of brought US measuring cups/spoons in order to cook american recipes. Cold medicines are just not as strong off the shelf here," explained one expat living in Tromso, Norway.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
- What do I need to know before retiring in Tromso?
- What do I need to know before moving to Tromso?
- How do I find a place to live in Tromso?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Tromso?
- What is the average cost of housing in Tromso?
- How do I meet people in Tromso?
- What should I pack when moving to Tromso?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Tromso?
- Will I be able to find a job in Tromso?
- What is life like in Tromso?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Tromso?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Tromso?
- What is the social scene like in Tromso?
- What advice to expats in Tromso have about housing?
- What are medical services in Tromso like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tromso?
- Is the cost of living in Tromso high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Tromso?
- Why do people move to Tromso?
What should I pack when moving to Tromso?If you live in Tromso, newcomers to Tromso would love to hear your answer to this question.