What should I pack when moving to Moscow?
We asked people living in Moscow to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Moscow, it is important to pack warm clothing, as temperatures can drop to below freezing in the winter months. It is also important to bring a good pair of walking shoes, as Moscow is a very walkable city. Additionally, it is a good idea to bring a few items to make your new home feel more comfortable, such as pictures, books, and other personal items. Finally, it is important to bring any necessary documents, such as a passport, visa, and other important paperwork," said another expat in Moscow, Russia.
"You can pretty much get everything in Moscow now (although some basic things are still ridiculously expensive!), but I would take Marmite and Pimm's. We left most things at home due to customs as we didn't want any hassle when leaving the country in terms of additional paperwork," wrote a member who made the move to Moscow, Russia.
William Russell's private medical insurance will cover you and your family wherever you may be. Whether you need primary care or complex surgery, you'll have access to the best hospitals & doctors available. Unlike some insurers, we also include medical evacuation and mental health cover in our plans (except SilverLite). Get a quote from our partner, William Russell.
GET A QUOTE
- What do I need to know before retiring in Moscow?
- What do I need to know before moving to Moscow?
- How do I find a place to live in Moscow?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Moscow?
- What is the average cost of housing in Moscow?
- How do I meet people in Moscow?
- What should I pack when moving to Moscow?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Moscow?
- Will I be able to find a job in Moscow?
- What is life like in Moscow?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Moscow?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Moscow?
- What is the social scene like in Moscow?
- What advice to expats in Moscow have about housing?
- What are medical services in Moscow like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Moscow?
- Is the cost of living in Moscow high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Moscow?
- Why do people move to Moscow?
What should I pack when moving to Moscow?If you live in Moscow, newcomers to Moscow would love to hear your answer to this question.