How do I find a place to live in Johannesburg?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered...
"One way to find a place to live in Johannesburg is to search online for rental listings. Websites such as Gumtree, Property24, and Private Property are popular resources for finding rental properties in Johannesburg. Additionally, you can contact local real estate agents who specialize in the Johannesburg area to help you find a place to live. You can also search for rental listings in local newspapers and on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. Finally, you can ask friends and family who live in Johannesburg for recommendations," said another expat in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- What should I pack when moving to Johannesburg?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Johannesburg?
- Will I be able to find a job in Johannesburg?
- What is life like in Johannesburg?
- What do expats in Johannesburg appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Johannesburg?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Johannesburg accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Johannesburg like?
- What are healthcare services like in Johannesburg?
- What are medical services in Johannesburg like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Johannesburg?
- What are emergency services like in Johannesburg?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Johannesburg?
- How are local medical facilities in Johannesburg?
- As a foreigner living in Johannesburg, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
How do I find a place to live in Johannesburg?If you live in Johannesburg, newcomers to Johannesburg would love to hear your answer to this question.