How do I find a place to live in Olten?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered...
"Finding a place to live in Olten can be done in a few different ways. Craigslist or other rental websites offer rental listings from landlords, private renters, or property owners. You can also visit the City of Olten's website for information about renting or other housing options. Additionally, local newspapers often carry real estate ads that list available apartments and houses for rent. Networking with local contacts is also a great way to find out about vacancies and other opportunities for housing. Finally, housing agencies and brokers can help to connect you with an appropriate rental property," said a member in Olten, Switzerland.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
"www.immoscout.ch is a good website to find houses/apartments, both for sale and for rent. When you consider to buy a house: - may be a good idea as mortgage interest rates are low - keep in mind that a bank will not give mortgages for more than 80% of the value of the house. You need to finance the rest of the house yourself - check which legal conditions you must oblige when buying property. In particular, try to organise your work/stay permit before you buy, as this will make buying conditions easier and cheaper," remarked another expat who made the move to Olten, Switzerland.
- What should I pack when moving to Olten?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Olten?
- Will I be able to find a job in Olten?
- What is life like in Olten?
- What do expats in Olten appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Olten?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Olten accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Olten like?
- What are healthcare services like in Olten?
- What are medical services in Olten like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Olten?
- What are emergency services like in Olten?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Olten?
- How are local medical facilities in Olten?
- As a foreigner living in Olten, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
How do I find a place to live in Olten?If you live in Olten, newcomers to Olten would love to hear your answer to this question.