How do I find a place to live in Vienna?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered...
"If you are seeking a place to live in Vienna, you may want to begin by researching popular neighbourhoods, such as the 7th District which is known as Neubau and is home to many of the city's art spaces and bars. A great place to start is Wohnungsmarkt.at, which allows users to search for apartments in a variety of Vienna's neighbourhoods and compare prices. Additionally, WG-Gesucht.at is another popular website in Austria that helps match tenants to rental properties. Once you have narrowed down your search, you can meet with landlords or real estate agents to arrange a viewing in person. Be sure to also explore government-subsidised housing for students, interns and refugees as well as short-term furnished rentals," remarked another expat in Vienna, Austria, Austria.
- What should I pack when moving to Vienna?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Vienna?
- Will I be able to find a job in Vienna?
- What is life like in Vienna?
- What do expats in Vienna appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Vienna?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Vienna accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Vienna like?
- What are healthcare services like in Vienna?
- What are medical services in Vienna like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Vienna?
- What are emergency services like in Vienna?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Vienna?
- How are local medical facilities in Vienna?
- As a foreigner living in Vienna, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
How do I find a place to live in Vienna?If you live in Vienna, newcomers to Vienna would love to hear your answer to this question.