How do I find a place to live in Tianjin?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered...
"One way to find a place to live in Tianjin is to use a property listing website such as 5i5j, soufun, or wuba. These websites list apartments, houses, and other types of places to rent in Tianjin. The websites also list information such as the area of Tianjin, the rent and the size of the space. Additionally, some websites have maps to help you find the area that you are searching for. Additionally, it is also possible to find a place to live in Tianjin by connecting with others who already live in the city. Joining online expat communities like Tianjin Expat or attending local events such as International Cultural Exchange Events are two ways to meet potential contacts who may be able to help you find a place to rent," remarked another expat in Tianjin, China, China.
"There were not that many choices in Tianjin of what we call, "western style" housing. Still are not that many choices. We ended up in the place we have(23rd floor of a centrally located Singaporian run apt building) because one became available when we needed it and we grabbed the bird in hand not knowing if there were any left out there in the bushes, so to speak," said a member in Tianjin, China.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
- What should I pack when moving to Tianjin?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Tianjin?
- Will I be able to find a job in Tianjin?
- What is life like in Tianjin?
- What do expats in Tianjin appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Tianjin?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Tianjin accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Tianjin like?
- What are healthcare services like in Tianjin?
- What are medical services in Tianjin like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tianjin?
- What are emergency services like in Tianjin?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Tianjin?
- How are local medical facilities in Tianjin?
- As a foreigner living in Tianjin, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
How do I find a place to live in Tianjin?If you live in Tianjin, newcomers to Tianjin would love to hear your answer to this question.