How do I find a place to live in San Jose?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered...
"If you are looking for a place to live in San Jose, there are a variety of options available. You may choose to find a rental property, such as an apartment or house, through a real estate agency. You can also find accommodations in hotels, hostels, and other hospitality services such as Airbnb. Additionally, there are a variety of residential communities and gated neighborhoods that offer homes for rent or for purchase. No matter what your needs are, you are sure to find a suitable place to live in San Jose," remarked another expat in San Jose, Costa Rica, Costa Rica.
"I just wanted to clear up some of the bad reviews of the other guy who posted before me about San Jose, Costa Rica. First of all, if you are planning on moving to Costa Rica for whatever ex-pat experience, if possible, avoid San Jose. It is a very crowded, dense little city that is not all that interesting. Also, foreigners are more susceptible to theft here. That being said, get out of San Jose and live in any of the other great towns all throughout this beautiful country. True, transportation can be mediocre (if insisting on travelling budget), but it definately suffices. It's a small country and travelling from the Pacific to the Carribean can be done in one long day even on the slowest, cheapest bussed routes available," said a member in San Jose, Costa Rica.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
- What do I need to know before retiring in San Jose?
- What do I need to know before moving to San Jose?
- How do I find a place to live in San Jose?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in San Jose?
- What is the average cost of housing in San Jose?
- How do I meet people in San Jose?
- What should I pack when moving to San Jose?
- Where should I setup a bank account in San Jose?
- Will I be able to find a job in San Jose?
- What is life like in San Jose?
- What do people like (and dislike) about San Jose?
- What type of social life can someone expect in San Jose?
- What is the social scene like in San Jose?
- What advice to expats in San Jose have about housing?
- What are medical services in San Jose like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in San Jose?
- Is the cost of living in San Jose high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in San Jose?
- Why do people move to San Jose?
How do I find a place to live in San Jose?If you live in San Jose, newcomers to San Jose would love to hear your answer to this question.