How do I find a place to live in Mal Pais?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered...
"When looking for a place to live in Mal Pais, the first thing to consider is where in the area you would like to stay. Depending on how you want to experience Mal Pais, there are a variety of locations to choose from, ranging from beachfront villas to mountain view cabins. Research each neighborhood to determine the best fit for you. Renting a property is the most common option for living in Mal Pais. Many of these rentals are private homes that are furnished, have multiple bedrooms and include amenities like a pool or jacuzzi. Depending on the location, the price range for rentals can vary greatly. In addition to private home rentals, there are several gated communities that offer long-term rental options. These typically provide access to shared amenities like swimming pools, fitness centers, and even golf courses. These complexes are great for those looking for a community atmosphere. For those looking for a more unique living experience and have the budget to do so, there are a handful of eco- friendly resorts in the area that offer custom-built homes available for purchase. Tropicoco Real Estate is a great resource to find all the above types of accommodations. They provide a comprehensive list of properties in the Mal Pais area that can be sorted according to amenities, budget, and desired living experience," commented one expat who made the move to Mal Pais, Costa Rica.
Quickly and easily find trusted moving, insurance, relocation and other providers with Expat Exchange's Moving Planner. Select which of our trusted partners you would like to hear from and we'll do the rest.
Get Started Now
- What should I pack when moving to Mal Pais?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Mal Pais?
- Will I be able to find a job in Mal Pais?
- What is life like in Mal Pais?
- What do expats in Mal Pais appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Mal Pais?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Mal Pais accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Mal Pais like?
- What are healthcare services like in Mal Pais?
- What are medical services in Mal Pais like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Mal Pais?
- What are emergency services like in Mal Pais?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Mal Pais?
- How are local medical facilities in Mal Pais?
- As a foreigner living in Mal Pais, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
How do I find a place to live in Mal Pais?If you live in Mal Pais, newcomers to Mal Pais would love to hear your answer to this question.