What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Basel?
We asked expats what a typical home or apartment in Basel is like. They answered...
"Expat homes and apartments in Basel are typically modern and spacious, with high ceilings and large windows that let in plenty of natural light. Many of the apartments have balconies or terraces, offering stunning views of the city and the surrounding countryside. The interiors are often decorated with contemporary furnishings and artwork, and the kitchens are well-equipped with modern appliances. Basel is known for its excellent public transportation system, so many expats choose to live in the city center, where they can easily access the train and bus lines," said a member in Basel, Switzerland.
"A multi-level city apartment in the center of town. No. It is hard to find an apartment like this. They are highly desirable and usually are taken by Swiss citizens," remarked another expat who made the move to Basel, Switzerland.
- What should I pack when moving to Basel?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Basel?
- Will I be able to find a job in Basel?
- What is life like in Basel?
- What do expats in Basel appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Basel?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Basel accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Basel like?
- What are healthcare services like in Basel?
- What are medical services in Basel like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Basel?
- What are emergency services like in Basel?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Basel?
- How are local medical facilities in Basel?
- As a foreigner living in Basel, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Basel?If you live in Basel, newcomers to Basel would love to hear your answer to this question.