What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Tianjin?
We asked expats what a typical home or apartment in Tianjin is like. They answered...
"A typical expat home in Tianjin is likely to be a luxurious, modern apartment that can boast great views of the city skyline. The apartments typically feature modern amenities such as air conditioning, landscaped gardens and a variety of luxurious comforts like heated floors. As expats often come with families, many apartments are also equipped with multiple bedrooms and living quarters for maximum convenience and comfort," said another expat in Tianjin, China, China.
"I live on the 23rd floor of what is known as a fully-serviced apt building. Fully serviced means that they provide housekeeping six days a week. My apt is a modest sized three bedroom/2 bath place.No dishwasher or garbage disposal but does have access to western TV programming which is banned to the Chinese locals. It is centrally located so I can walk to many places I want to go to or easily flag down one of the little red suicide taxis that play road chicken games all over town. Like most Chinese made buildings, this place while only five years old is already showing signs of falling apart," wrote a member who made the move to Tianjin, China.
Quickly and easily find trusted moving, insurance, relocation and other providers with Expat Exchange's Moving Planner. Select which of our trusted partners you would like to hear from and we'll do the rest.
Get Started Now
- What should I pack when moving to Tianjin?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Tianjin?
- Will I be able to find a job in Tianjin?
- What is life like in Tianjin?
- What do expats in Tianjin appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Tianjin?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Tianjin accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Tianjin like?
- What are healthcare services like in Tianjin?
- What are medical services in Tianjin like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tianjin?
- What are emergency services like in Tianjin?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Tianjin?
- How are local medical facilities in Tianjin?
- As a foreigner living in Tianjin, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Tianjin?If you live in Tianjin, newcomers to Tianjin would love to hear your answer to this question.