What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Lake Atitlan?
We asked expats what a typical home or apartment in Lake Atitlan is like. They answered...
"A typical expat home or apartment in Lake Atitlan, is likely to be a comfortable and well-furnished space, often featuring traditional Guatemalan textiles and artwork. These homes are usually located in safe and picturesque areas, with stunning views of the lake and surrounding volcanoes. They may have modern amenities such as Wi-Fi, hot water, and fully-equipped kitchens, while still maintaining a rustic and authentic feel. Many expat homes in Lake Atitlan also have outdoor spaces, such as gardens or patios, where residents can relax and enjoy the natural beauty of the area. Some properties may even have access to a private dock or beach on the lake. Additionally, these homes are often situated within walking distance of local markets, restaurants, and other amenities, making it convenient for expats to immerse themselves in the local culture and community," commented one expat who made the move to Lake Atitlan, Guatemala.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
"Expat homes or apartments in Lake Atitlan tend to be small, but comfortable. They often have vibrant colors, large windows, wood paneled walls, open living spaces, and views of the lake. Most expat homes have private balconies or terraces, modern appliances and furnishings, and plenty of natural light. Some have terraced gardens with tropical flowers and palm trees, which provide the perfect spot for relaxing on hot summer days. Expat housing in Lake Atitlan is typically affordable and many of the homes and apartments come fully equipped with everything you need for a comfortable stay," remarked another expat in Lake Atitlan, Guatemala.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Lake Atitlan?
- What do I need to know before moving to Lake Atitlan?
- How do I find a place to live in Lake Atitlan?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Lake Atitlan?
- What is the average cost of housing in Lake Atitlan?
- How do I meet people in Lake Atitlan?
- What should I pack when moving to Lake Atitlan?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Lake Atitlan?
- Will I be able to find a job in Lake Atitlan?
- What is life like in Lake Atitlan?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Lake Atitlan?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Lake Atitlan?
- What is the social scene like in Lake Atitlan?
- What advice to expats in Lake Atitlan have about housing?
- What are medical services in Lake Atitlan like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Lake Atitlan?
- Is the cost of living in Lake Atitlan high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Lake Atitlan?
- Why do people move to Lake Atitlan?
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Lake Atitlan?If you live in Lake Atitlan, newcomers to Lake Atitlan would love to hear your answer to this question.