What is the average cost of housing in Tijuana?
If you are thinking about moving to Tijuana, cost of living in probably a key consideration. Expats commented about the cost of housing...
"The average cost of housing in Tijuana is generally considered to be quite reasonable. Prices for houses or apartments range from around $750 USD monthly for an unfurnished place to around $1800 USD for a more luxurious, furnished option. Additionally, many landlords offer month-to-month leases, so residents have the flexibility to stay for shorter periods of time," remarked another expat who made the move to Tijuana, Mexico.
"Oh, much lower!! We pay $400. (US)/ month for our house. In San Diego, California, the rent for such a place would be about $1500./month. You can rent a 1 bedroom apt. in TJ for as little as $80. (US)/mo. but I don't think too many Americans/Canadians would be happy with the lack of space, amenities and location. There are also lovely places here for $1000./mo. but those renters/owners are considered to be "rich" and could be a target for robbery," explained one expat living in Tijuana, Mexico.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Tijuana?
- What do I need to know before moving to Tijuana?
- How do I find a place to live in Tijuana?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Tijuana?
- What is the average cost of housing in Tijuana?
- How do I meet people in Tijuana?
- What should I pack when moving to Tijuana?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Tijuana?
- Will I be able to find a job in Tijuana?
- What is life like in Tijuana?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Tijuana?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Tijuana?
- What is the social scene like in Tijuana?
- What advice to expats in Tijuana have about housing?
- What are medical services in Tijuana like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tijuana?
- Is the cost of living in Tijuana high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Tijuana?
- Why do people move to Tijuana?
What is the average cost of housing in Tijuana?If you live in Tijuana, newcomers to Tijuana would love to hear your answer to this question.