What do I need to know before moving to Johannesburg?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Johannesburg, they said...
"Johannesburg is a vibrant and diverse city, and expats should be aware of the cultural differences between their home country and South Africa. It is important to research the local laws and regulations, as well as the cost of living, before making the move. Expats should also be aware of the high crime rate in Johannesburg and take necessary precautions to ensure their safety. Additionally, expats should familiarize themselves with the local language, as English is not widely spoken in South Africa. Finally, expats should take the time to explore the city and its many attractions, as Johannesburg has a lot to offer," said a member in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Johannesburg?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Johannesburg?
- Will I be able to find a job in Johannesburg?
- What is life like in Johannesburg?
- What do expats in Johannesburg appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Johannesburg?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Johannesburg accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Johannesburg like?
- What are healthcare services like in Johannesburg?
- What are medical services in Johannesburg like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Johannesburg?
- What are emergency services like in Johannesburg?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Johannesburg?
- How are local medical facilities in Johannesburg?
- As a foreigner living in Johannesburg, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Johannesburg?If you live in Johannesburg, newcomers to Johannesburg would love to hear your answer to this question.