What do I need to know before moving to Colombo?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Colombo, they said...
"Before moving to Colombo, expats should be aware of the cost of living, which is generally lower than in many other countries. Expats should also be aware of the local culture and customs, as well as the language, which is Sinhala. Additionally, expats should research the availability of healthcare and education services, as well as the job market. It is also important to be aware of the climate in Colombo, which is hot and humid throughout the year. Finally, expats should research the visa requirements for entering and staying in Sri Lanka," commented one expat who made the move to Colombo, Sri Lanka.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Colombo?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Colombo?
- Will I be able to find a job in Colombo?
- What is life like in Colombo?
- What do expats in Colombo appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Colombo?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Colombo accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Colombo like?
- What are healthcare services like in Colombo?
- What are medical services in Colombo like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Colombo?
- What are emergency services like in Colombo?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Colombo?
- How are local medical facilities in Colombo?
- As a foreigner living in Colombo, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Colombo?If you live in Colombo, newcomers to Colombo would love to hear your answer to this question.