What do I need to know before moving to Negombo?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Negombo, they said...
"Negombo is a coastal city in Sri Lanka, located just north of the capital Colombo. Expats should be aware that the city is quite hot and humid throughout the year, so it is important to be prepared for the climate. Negombo is a culturally diverse city, with a mix of religions and ethnicities, so expats should be aware of the local customs and traditions. English is widely spoken in Negombo, so expats should not have any difficulty communicating. Negombo is a relatively safe city, but expats should still take precautions to ensure their safety. The cost of living in Negombo is relatively low, so expats should be able to find affordable accommodation and other necessities. Finally, expats should be aware that the city is quite congested, so it is important to plan ahead when travelling," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Negombo, Sri Lanka.
- What should I pack when moving to Negombo?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Negombo?
- Will I be able to find a job in Negombo?
- What is life like in Negombo?
- What do expats in Negombo appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Negombo?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Negombo accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Negombo like?
- What are healthcare services like in Negombo?
- What are medical services in Negombo like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Negombo?
- What are emergency services like in Negombo?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Negombo?
- How are local medical facilities in Negombo?
- As a foreigner living in Negombo, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Negombo?If you live in Negombo, newcomers to Negombo would love to hear your answer to this question.