What do I need to know before moving to Chiang Mai?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Chiang Mai, they said...
"Before moving to Chiang Mai, expats should be aware that the city is known for its hot and humid climate. It is important to be prepared for the weather and to bring appropriate clothing. Expats should also be aware that the city is home to a large expat community, so it is easy to find support and resources. Additionally, expats should be aware that the cost of living in Chiang Mai is relatively low, making it an attractive destination for those looking to save money. Finally, expats should be aware that the city is home to a variety of cultural attractions, making it a great place to explore and experience the local culture," wrote a member who made the move to Chiang Mai, Thailand.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
"Chiang Mai is a beautiful place but we have seen many people get caught up in the dream without really thinking things through. Come here for awhile, get to know the people and not just the people hanging out in the bars and get to know the culture. It is easy to find a house here but it may never be a home," explained one expat living in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Chiang Mai?
- What do I need to know before moving to Chiang Mai?
- How do I find a place to live in Chiang Mai?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Chiang Mai?
- What is the average cost of housing in Chiang Mai?
- How do I meet people in Chiang Mai?
- What should I pack when moving to Chiang Mai?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Chiang Mai?
- Will I be able to find a job in Chiang Mai?
- What is life like in Chiang Mai?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Chiang Mai?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Chiang Mai?
- What is the social scene like in Chiang Mai?
- What advice to expats in Chiang Mai have about housing?
- What are medical services in Chiang Mai like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Chiang Mai?
- Is the cost of living in Chiang Mai high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Chiang Mai?
- Why do people move to Chiang Mai?
What do I need to know before moving to Chiang Mai?If you live in Chiang Mai, newcomers to Chiang Mai would love to hear your answer to this question.