What do I need to know before moving to Columbus?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Columbus, they said...
"Columbus is a vibrant city with a diverse population and plenty of activities to enjoy. It is known for its excellent public transportation system, making it easy to get around the city. The cost of living in Columbus is relatively low compared to other cities in the US, making it an attractive option for expats. The city is also home to a number of universities and colleges, making it a great place to pursue higher education. The weather in Columbus is generally mild, with hot summers and cold winters. Finally, the city is home to a variety of cultural attractions, from museums and galleries to music venues and festivals," remarked another expat in Columbus, the United States.
"Contact me! Seriously. I am working in a mortgage company (www.americanhm.com). I can advise, as best I can, or at least confer with one of the Loan Officers and endless list of Realtors we have," said a member in Columbus, US.
William Russell's private medical insurance will cover you and your family wherever you may be. Whether you need primary care or complex surgery, you'll have access to the best hospitals & doctors available. Unlike some insurers, we also include medical evacuation and mental health cover in our plans (except SilverLite). Get a quote from our partner, William Russell.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Columbus?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Columbus?
- Will I be able to find a job in Columbus?
- What is life like in Columbus?
- What do expats in Columbus appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Columbus?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Columbus accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Columbus like?
- What are healthcare services like in Columbus?
- What are medical services in Columbus like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Columbus?
- What are emergency services like in Columbus?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Columbus?
- How are local medical facilities in Columbus?
- As a foreigner living in Columbus, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Columbus?If you live in Columbus, newcomers to Columbus would love to hear your answer to this question.