What do I need to know before moving to Nassau?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Nassau, they said...
"Nassau is a beautiful and vibrant city with a lot to offer expats. Before moving to Nassau, it is important to research the cost of living, as it is higher than many other Caribbean cities. Additionally, expats should be aware that the official language is English, but the local dialect is a mix of English and Bahamian Creole. It is also important to note that the currency is the Bahamian Dollar, which is pegged to the US Dollar. Finally, expats should be aware that the climate is tropical and humid, with temperatures ranging from the mid-70s to the mid-80s year-round," commented one expat who made the move to Nassau, Bahamas.
"Work with a good realtor. Talk to people and look at websites. Look for "security" first and foremost. Gated community feels safest if you are alone," remarked another expat in Nassau, Bahamas.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Nassau?
- What do I need to know before moving to Nassau?
- How do I find a place to live in Nassau?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Nassau?
- What is the average cost of housing in Nassau?
- How do I meet people in Nassau?
- What should I pack when moving to Nassau?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Nassau?
- Will I be able to find a job in Nassau?
- What is life like in Nassau?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Nassau?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Nassau?
- What is the social scene like in Nassau?
- What advice to expats in Nassau have about housing?
- What are medical services in Nassau like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Nassau?
- Is the cost of living in Nassau high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Nassau?
- Why do people move to Nassau?
What do I need to know before moving to Nassau?If you live in Nassau, newcomers to Nassau would love to hear your answer to this question.