What do I need to know before moving to Nassau?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Nassau, they said...
"Nassau is a beautiful and vibrant city with a lot to offer expats. Before moving to Nassau, it is important to research the cost of living, as it is higher than many other Caribbean cities. Additionally, expats should be aware that the official language is English, but the local dialect is a mix of English and Bahamian Creole. It is also important to note that the currency is the Bahamian Dollar, which is pegged to the US Dollar. Finally, expats should be aware that the climate is tropical and humid, with temperatures ranging from the mid-70s to the mid-80s year-round," said a member in Nassau, Bahamas.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
"Work with a good realtor. Talk to people and look at websites. Look for "security" first and foremost. Gated community feels safest if you are alone," remarked another expat who made the move to Nassau, Bahamas.
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to Nassau?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Nassau?
- Will I be able to find a job in Nassau?
- What is life like in Nassau?
- What do expats in Nassau appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Nassau?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Nassau accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Nassau like?
- What are healthcare services like in Nassau?
- What are medical services in Nassau like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Nassau?
- What are emergency services like in Nassau?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Nassau?
- How are local medical facilities in Nassau?
- As a foreigner living in Nassau, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Nassau?If you live in Nassau, newcomers to Nassau would love to hear your answer to this question.