What do I need to know before moving to Santiago?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Santiago, they said...
"Santiago is the capital of Chile and is a vibrant and diverse city. It is important to research the cost of living in Santiago before moving, as it can be quite expensive. It is also important to be aware of the local culture and customs, as well as the language. It is recommended to learn some Spanish before moving to Santiago, as it is the most widely spoken language in the city. Additionally, it is important to be aware of the climate in Santiago, as it can be quite hot and dry during the summer months. Finally, it is important to research the different neighborhoods in Santiago, as each one has its own unique character and attractions," wrote a member who made the move to Santiago, Chile.
- What should I pack when moving to Santiago?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Santiago?
- Will I be able to find a job in Santiago?
- What is life like in Santiago?
- What do expats in Santiago appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Santiago?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Santiago accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Santiago like?
- What are healthcare services like in Santiago?
- What are medical services in Santiago like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Santiago?
- What are emergency services like in Santiago?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Santiago?
- How are local medical facilities in Santiago?
- As a foreigner living in Santiago, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Santiago?If you live in Santiago, newcomers to Santiago would love to hear your answer to this question.