What do I need to know before moving to Ojochal?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Ojochal, they said...
"Ojochal is a small town located in the southern Pacific region of Costa Rica. It is known for its lush tropical rainforest, stunning beaches, and friendly locals. Expats should be aware that the cost of living in Ojochal is higher than in other parts of Costa Rica, and that the town is quite remote. It is important to research the local laws and regulations before moving to Ojochal, as well as the availability of medical care and other services. Additionally, expats should be aware that the local language is Spanish, and it is helpful to learn some basic Spanish before moving to Ojochal," remarked another expat who made the move to Ojochal, Costa Rica.
- What should I pack when moving to Ojochal?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Ojochal?
- Will I be able to find a job in Ojochal?
- What is life like in Ojochal?
- What do expats in Ojochal appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Ojochal?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Ojochal accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Ojochal like?
- What are healthcare services like in Ojochal?
- What are medical services in Ojochal like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Ojochal?
- What are emergency services like in Ojochal?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Ojochal?
- How are local medical facilities in Ojochal?
- As a foreigner living in Ojochal, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Ojochal?If you live in Ojochal, newcomers to Ojochal would love to hear your answer to this question.