What do I need to know before moving to Paralimni?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Paralimni, they said...
"Paralimni is a small town located in the southeastern part of the island, known for its beautiful beaches and relaxed lifestyle. Before moving to Paralimni, expats should know that the official languages are Greek and Turkish, but English is widely spoken due to the high number of British expats and tourists. The cost of living in Paralimni is relatively low compared to other European countries, but it's important to note that salaries are also generally lower. The healthcare system in Cyprus is of a high standard, with both public and private healthcare available. Expats should ensure they have adequate health insurance coverage. The climate in Paralimni is Mediterranean, with hot, dry summers and mild, wet winters. Expats should be aware that driving is on the left-hand side of the road in Cyprus, the same as in the UK. The Cypriot cuisine is a blend of Greek and Middle Eastern influences, with halloumi cheese, souvlaki, and moussaka being popular dishes. Expats moving to Paralimni with children should know that there are both public and private schools, with the private schools often offering an international curriculum. The pace of life in Paralimni is slower than in larger cities, which can be a big adjustment for some expats. Finally, it's important to note that while Cyprus is a member of the European Union, it is not part of the Schengen Area, so different visa rules may apply," commented one expat who made the move to Paralimni, Cyprus.
- What should I pack when moving to Paralimni?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Paralimni?
- Will I be able to find a job in Paralimni?
- What is life like in Paralimni?
- What do expats in Paralimni appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Paralimni?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Paralimni accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Paralimni like?
- What are healthcare services like in Paralimni?
- What are medical services in Paralimni like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Paralimni?
- What are emergency services like in Paralimni?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Paralimni?
- How are local medical facilities in Paralimni?
- As a foreigner living in Paralimni, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Paralimni?If you live in Paralimni, newcomers to Paralimni would love to hear your answer to this question.