What do I need to know before moving to Accra?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Accra, they said...
"Accra is a vibrant and diverse city with a rich culture and history. Before moving to Accra, it is important to research the cost of living, as it can be quite expensive. It is also important to familiarize yourself with the local language, Twi, as it is widely spoken in the city. Additionally, it is important to be aware of the climate in Accra, as it is hot and humid year-round. Finally, it is important to research the safety of the city and take necessary precautions to ensure your safety," said a member in Accra, Ghana.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Accra?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Accra?
- Will I be able to find a job in Accra?
- What is life like in Accra?
- What do expats in Accra appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Accra?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Accra accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Accra like?
- What are healthcare services like in Accra?
- What are medical services in Accra like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Accra?
- What are emergency services like in Accra?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Accra?
- How are local medical facilities in Accra?
- As a foreigner living in Accra, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Accra?If you live in Accra, newcomers to Accra would love to hear your answer to this question.