What do I need to know before moving to Salinas?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Salinas, they said...
"Salinas is located along the Pacific Coast and offers a balance of city life and beach living. Expats should be aware that the city is hot and humid, due to its tropical climate, and that the rainy season runs from December to May. English is not widely spoken in Salinas, so it is recommended that expats learn at least some basic Spanish before moving there. Salinas offers plenty of outdoor activities, from beaches and surfing to trekking, fishing and whale watching. There are also plenty of shops and restaurants, as well as cultural attractions like museums and art galleries. The cost of living in Salinas is quite affordable, with most expats being able to live quite comfortably on a modest budget," explained one expat living in Salinas, Ecuador, Ecuador.
"This is not for everyone so take your time and pick the place you love don't settle. Bring as many of your current household items to make it feel like home and not a beach rental. It will make all the difference in the world. Ask questions to everyone you meet in the area. They will give you honest answers on the pro and cons of the area," said another expat in Salinas, Ecuador.
- What should I pack when moving to Salinas?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Salinas?
- Will I be able to find a job in Salinas?
- What is life like in Salinas?
- What do expats in Salinas appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Salinas?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Salinas accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Salinas like?
- What are healthcare services like in Salinas?
- What are medical services in Salinas like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Salinas?
- What are emergency services like in Salinas?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Salinas?
- How are local medical facilities in Salinas?
- As a foreigner living in Salinas, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Salinas?If you live in Salinas, newcomers to Salinas would love to hear your answer to this question.