What do I need to know before moving to Cairo?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Cairo, they said...
"Cairo is a bustling city with a rich culture and history. It is important to be aware of the local customs and laws before moving to Cairo. It is also important to research the cost of living and the availability of housing. Additionally, it is important to be aware of the security situation in the city and to take necessary precautions. It is also important to research the availability of healthcare and other services. Finally, it is important to learn some basic Arabic to help with communication," commented one expat who made the move to Cairo, Egypt.
- What should I pack when moving to Cairo?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Cairo?
- Will I be able to find a job in Cairo?
- What is life like in Cairo?
- What do expats in Cairo appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Cairo?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Cairo accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Cairo like?
- What are healthcare services like in Cairo?
- What are medical services in Cairo like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Cairo?
- What are emergency services like in Cairo?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Cairo?
- How are local medical facilities in Cairo?
- As a foreigner living in Cairo, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Cairo?If you live in Cairo, newcomers to Cairo would love to hear your answer to this question.