What do I need to know before moving to Lyon?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Lyon, they said...
"Expatriates should be aware that Lyon is the third largest city in France. Though the city itself is quite diverse, the overall culture of France is still dominant. There is an efficient public transportation system, making the city easy to navigate. However, it is important to keep in mind that most Lyon-based professionals speak French in their day-to-day lives. Expats should also consider investing in a local SIM card for their mobile phone for easier communication. Furthermore, some areas may be more expensive to live than others and it is advisable to research housing costs and availability before making a move. Lastly, expats should be open to learning new customs and traditions as they come to terms with their new life in Lyon," said a member in Lyon, France, France.
- What should I pack when moving to Lyon?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Lyon?
- Will I be able to find a job in Lyon?
- What is life like in Lyon?
- What do expats in Lyon appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Lyon?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Lyon accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Lyon like?
- What are healthcare services like in Lyon?
- What are medical services in Lyon like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Lyon?
- What are emergency services like in Lyon?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Lyon?
- How are local medical facilities in Lyon?
- As a foreigner living in Lyon, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Lyon?If you live in Lyon, newcomers to Lyon would love to hear your answer to this question.