What do I need to know before moving to Batam?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Batam, they said...
"Before moving to Batam, expats should be aware that the official language is Indonesian, so it is important to learn some basic phrases before arriving. Additionally, expats should research the cost of living in Batam, as it is generally lower than other parts of Indonesia. It is also important to be aware of the local customs and culture, as well as the local laws and regulations. Finally, expats should make sure to obtain the necessary visas and permits before moving to Batam," remarked another expat in Batam, Indonesia.
"It can be difficult for a new expat, but I would recommend driving around and looking at several houses and complexes before making a decision, so you get an idea of what to expect," said a member in Batam, Indonesia.
Quickly and easily find trusted moving, insurance, relocation and other providers with Expat Exchange's Moving Planner. Select which of our trusted partners you would like to hear from and we'll do the rest.
Get Started Now
- What do I need to know before retiring in Batam?
- What do I need to know before moving to Batam?
- How do I find a place to live in Batam?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Batam?
- What is the average cost of housing in Batam?
- How do I meet people in Batam?
- What should I pack when moving to Batam?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Batam?
- Will I be able to find a job in Batam?
- What is life like in Batam?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Batam?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Batam?
- What is the social scene like in Batam?
- What advice to expats in Batam have about housing?
- What are medical services in Batam like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Batam?
- Is the cost of living in Batam high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Batam?
- Why do people move to Batam?
What do I need to know before moving to Batam?If you live in Batam, newcomers to Batam would love to hear your answer to this question.