What do I need to know before moving to Almaty?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Almaty, they said...
"Almaty is the largest city in Kazakhstan and is known for its vibrant culture and stunning natural beauty. Expats should be aware that the official language of Kazakhstan is Kazakh, although Russian is widely spoken. Expats should also be aware that the cost of living in Almaty is relatively high, and that the city is prone to earthquakes. It is important to research the local laws and regulations before moving to Almaty, as well as the availability of healthcare and other services. Additionally, expats should be aware that the climate in Almaty is continental, with hot summers and cold winters," wrote a member who made the move to Almaty, Kazakhstan.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
- What do I need to know before retiring in Almaty?
- What do I need to know before moving to Almaty?
- How do I find a place to live in Almaty?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Almaty?
- What is the average cost of housing in Almaty?
- How do I meet people in Almaty?
- What should I pack when moving to Almaty?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Almaty?
- Will I be able to find a job in Almaty?
- What is life like in Almaty?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Almaty?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Almaty?
- What is the social scene like in Almaty?
- What advice to expats in Almaty have about housing?
- What are medical services in Almaty like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Almaty?
- Is the cost of living in Almaty high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Almaty?
- Why do people move to Almaty?
What do I need to know before moving to Almaty?If you live in Almaty, newcomers to Almaty would love to hear your answer to this question.