What do I need to know before moving to Nairobi?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Nairobi, they said...
"Nairobi is a vibrant and diverse city, and expats should be prepared for a unique cultural experience. It is important to research the local laws and customs before moving to Nairobi, as well as the cost of living and the availability of housing. Expats should also be aware of the security situation in the city, and take necessary precautions to ensure their safety. Additionally, expats should familiarize themselves with the local language, Swahili, as it is widely spoken in Nairobi. Finally, expats should take the time to explore the city and its many attractions, from its bustling markets to its stunning national parks," said another expat in Nairobi, Kenya.
- What should I pack when moving to Nairobi?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Nairobi?
- Will I be able to find a job in Nairobi?
- What is life like in Nairobi?
- What do expats in Nairobi appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Nairobi?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Nairobi accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Nairobi like?
- What are healthcare services like in Nairobi?
- What are medical services in Nairobi like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Nairobi?
- What are emergency services like in Nairobi?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Nairobi?
- How are local medical facilities in Nairobi?
- As a foreigner living in Nairobi, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Nairobi?If you live in Nairobi, newcomers to Nairobi would love to hear your answer to this question.