What do I need to know before moving to Bishkek?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Bishkek, they said...
"Before moving to Bishkek, expats should be aware that the city is located in a seismically active region and is prone to earthquakes. Expats should also be aware that the city experiences extreme temperatures, with hot summers and cold winters. Additionally, expats should be aware that the city has a limited public transportation system and that most people rely on taxis or private cars to get around. Expats should also be aware that the city has a large expat community and that there are many resources available to help them adjust to their new home. Finally, expats should be aware that the city is relatively safe, but that they should take precautions to protect themselves and their belongings," remarked another expat who made the move to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
"I recommend living in the city of Bishkek. Everything is in walking distance and there are nice parks," explained one expat living in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
- What do I need to know before retiring in Bishkek?
- What do I need to know before moving to Bishkek?
- How do I find a place to live in Bishkek?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Bishkek?
- What is the average cost of housing in Bishkek?
- How do I meet people in Bishkek?
- What should I pack when moving to Bishkek?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Bishkek?
- Will I be able to find a job in Bishkek?
- What is life like in Bishkek?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Bishkek?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Bishkek?
- What is the social scene like in Bishkek?
- What advice to expats in Bishkek have about housing?
- What are medical services in Bishkek like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Bishkek?
- Is the cost of living in Bishkek high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Bishkek?
- Why do people move to Bishkek?
What do I need to know before moving to Bishkek?If you live in Bishkek, newcomers to Bishkek would love to hear your answer to this question.