What do I need to know before moving to Riga?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Riga, they said...
"Riga is the capital of Latvia and is a vibrant and diverse city. It is a great place to live for expats, with a low cost of living and a high quality of life. The city is well connected to the rest of Europe, with an international airport and excellent public transport. English is widely spoken in Riga, making it easy for expats to communicate. The city has a rich cultural heritage, with a variety of museums, galleries, and other attractions. The climate in Riga is temperate, with cold winters and warm summers. Expats should be aware that the cost of living in Riga is lower than in many other European cities, so it is important to budget accordingly. Finally, expats should make sure to research the local laws and regulations before moving to Riga, as they may differ from those in their home country," said another expat in Riga, Latvia.
- What should I pack when moving to Riga?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Riga?
- Will I be able to find a job in Riga?
- What is life like in Riga?
- What do expats in Riga appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Riga?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Riga accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Riga like?
- What are healthcare services like in Riga?
- What are medical services in Riga like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Riga?
- What are emergency services like in Riga?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Riga?
- How are local medical facilities in Riga?
- As a foreigner living in Riga, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Riga?If you live in Riga, newcomers to Riga would love to hear your answer to this question.