What do I need to know before moving to Mexico City?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Mexico City, they said...
"Mexico City is a vibrant and exciting place to live, but expats should prepare themselves for living in a lower-cost of living than other popular expat destinations. Familiarizing yourself with the local language (Spanish) and culture is essential for a smooth transition to expat life. It's important to research the different neighbourhoods and understand the security situation so you can find the safest place to live. In addition, it's essential to look into reliable banking and medical resources to ensure you're well taken care of for the entirety of your stay. Additionally, it's wise to build a social circle of other expats to provide support and advice throughout your relocation," commented one expat who made the move to Mexico City, Mexico.
"If you are lucky enough to have your company pay for a Relocation company you wont have any problems since they know very well were you should live. But if this is not the case, I recommend you get advice from someone in your company to recommend areas close to work that meet your budget. Once you know the names of the areas you can then serach on the local newspapers for apartments," remarked another expat in Mexico City, Mexico.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Mexico City?
- What do I need to know before moving to Mexico City?
- How do I find a place to live in Mexico City?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Mexico City?
- What is the average cost of housing in Mexico City?
- How do I meet people in Mexico City?
- What should I pack when moving to Mexico City?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Mexico City?
- Will I be able to find a job in Mexico City?
- What is life like in Mexico City?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Mexico City?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Mexico City?
- What is the social scene like in Mexico City?
- What advice to expats in Mexico City have about housing?
- What are medical services in Mexico City like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Mexico City?
- Is the cost of living in Mexico City high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Mexico City?
- Why do people move to Mexico City?
What do I need to know before moving to Mexico City?If you live in Mexico City, newcomers to Mexico City would love to hear your answer to this question.