What do I need to know before moving to Wellington?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Wellington, they said...
"Wellington is the capital of New Zealand and is known for its vibrant culture, stunning scenery, and friendly locals. It is a great place to live for expats, with a wide range of activities and attractions to explore. Before moving to Wellington, it is important to research the cost of living, as it is one of the most expensive cities in New Zealand. It is also important to consider the weather, as Wellington is known for its windy and wet climate. Additionally, expats should familiarize themselves with the local culture and customs, as well as the job market and housing options. Finally, it is important to make sure you have the necessary visas and permits to live and work in Wellington," remarked another expat in Wellington, New Zealand.
- What should I pack when moving to Wellington?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Wellington?
- Will I be able to find a job in Wellington?
- What is life like in Wellington?
- What do expats in Wellington appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Wellington?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Wellington accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Wellington like?
- What are healthcare services like in Wellington?
- What are medical services in Wellington like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Wellington?
- What are emergency services like in Wellington?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Wellington?
- How are local medical facilities in Wellington?
- As a foreigner living in Wellington, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Wellington?If you live in Wellington, newcomers to Wellington would love to hear your answer to this question.