What do I need to know before moving to Stavanger?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Stavanger, they said...
"Before moving to Stavanger, expats should be aware that the cost of living is quite high. It is important to research the job market and the availability of housing in the area. Additionally, expats should be aware that the weather in Stavanger can be quite unpredictable, with temperatures ranging from mild to cold. It is also important to note that the majority of the population speaks Norwegian, so it is beneficial to learn some of the language before moving. Finally, expats should be aware that Stavanger is a very safe city, with low crime rates," commented one expat who made the move to Stavanger, Norway.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Stavanger?
- What do I need to know before moving to Stavanger?
- How do I find a place to live in Stavanger?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Stavanger?
- What is the average cost of housing in Stavanger?
- How do I meet people in Stavanger?
- What should I pack when moving to Stavanger?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Stavanger?
- Will I be able to find a job in Stavanger?
- What is life like in Stavanger?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Stavanger?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Stavanger?
- What is the social scene like in Stavanger?
- What advice to expats in Stavanger have about housing?
- What are medical services in Stavanger like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Stavanger?
- Is the cost of living in Stavanger high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Stavanger?
- Why do people move to Stavanger?
What do I need to know before moving to Stavanger?If you live in Stavanger, newcomers to Stavanger would love to hear your answer to this question.