What do I need to know before moving to Tromso?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Tromso, they said...
"Tromso is located in the far north of Norway, close to the Arctic Circle, so you should be prepared for cold weather and long, dark winters. Make sure to bring warm clothes and supplies with you, as well as prepare for the transition to the colder climate. Make sure to research about the cost of living and employment opportunities to ensure you can support yourself when you are there. Also important is researching about education and healthcare options. Additionally, take the time to learn some of the language as this will make most aspects of your move and transition much easier. Lastly, get to know the locals and their culture, as this will make you feel more at home and part of the community," remarked another expat in Tromso, Norway.
"My advice would be to start looking as soon as possible or have someone help you find a place. If you live on the Island it's easy to get around by bus. If you live in Kvolya or Krokken you may need a car, but homes are cheaper to rent. Norwegians speak English so it's easy to get around and communicate. You can buy jackets, shoes, clothes, etc so no need to bring your whole wardrobe or the Arctic clothing you "think" you might need. Tromso is very beautiful and accommodating to expats (except for the Visa and Norwegian # process)," said a member in Tromso, Norway.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
- What do I need to know before retiring in Tromso?
- What do I need to know before moving to Tromso?
- How do I find a place to live in Tromso?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Tromso?
- What is the average cost of housing in Tromso?
- How do I meet people in Tromso?
- What should I pack when moving to Tromso?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Tromso?
- Will I be able to find a job in Tromso?
- What is life like in Tromso?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Tromso?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Tromso?
- What is the social scene like in Tromso?
- What advice to expats in Tromso have about housing?
- What are medical services in Tromso like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tromso?
- Is the cost of living in Tromso high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Tromso?
- Why do people move to Tromso?
What do I need to know before moving to Tromso?If you live in Tromso, newcomers to Tromso would love to hear your answer to this question.