What do I need to know before moving to Lisbon?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Lisbon, they said...
"Before moving to Lisbon, expats should familiarize themselves with the Portuguese language and culture. It is also important to research the cost of living in Lisbon, as well as the availability of housing and job opportunities. Additionally, expats should be aware of the local laws and regulations, as well as the healthcare system. Finally, it is important to research the public transportation system in Lisbon, as well as the best areas to live in," explained one expat living in Lisbon, Portugal.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Lisbon?
- What do I need to know before moving to Lisbon?
- How do I find a place to live in Lisbon?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Lisbon?
- What is the average cost of housing in Lisbon?
- How do I meet people in Lisbon?
- What should I pack when moving to Lisbon?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Lisbon?
- Will I be able to find a job in Lisbon?
- What is life like in Lisbon?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Lisbon?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Lisbon?
- What is the social scene like in Lisbon?
- What advice to expats in Lisbon have about housing?
- What are medical services in Lisbon like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Lisbon?
- Is the cost of living in Lisbon high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Lisbon?
- Why do people move to Lisbon?
What do I need to know before moving to Lisbon?If you live in Lisbon, newcomers to Lisbon would love to hear your answer to this question.