What do I need to know before moving to Jeddah?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Jeddah, they said...
"Expatriates moving to Jeddah should be aware that the city is subject to the laws and customs of Saudi Arabia, which are based on Islamic principles. It is important to be aware of the dress code, which requires women to cover their hair and body in public, and for both men and women to dress modestly. Expats should also be aware that alcohol and pork products are strictly prohibited in the country. Additionally, it is important to be aware of the local customs and etiquette, such as avoiding public displays of affection and refraining from discussing religion or politics. Finally, expats should be aware that the summer months in Jeddah can be extremely hot and humid," remarked another expat who made the move to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- What should I pack when moving to Jeddah?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Jeddah?
- Will I be able to find a job in Jeddah?
- What is life like in Jeddah?
- What do expats in Jeddah appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Jeddah?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Jeddah accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Jeddah like?
- What are healthcare services like in Jeddah?
- What are medical services in Jeddah like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Jeddah?
- What are emergency services like in Jeddah?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Jeddah?
- How are local medical facilities in Jeddah?
- As a foreigner living in Jeddah, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Jeddah?If you live in Jeddah, newcomers to Jeddah would love to hear your answer to this question.