Where should I setup a bank account in Munich?
We asked expats in Munich what banks they use and there advice about banking. They advised...
"If you are looking to setup a bank account in Munich, there are many banks that offer their services to both residents and non-residents. For residents, banks such as Commerzbank, Deutsche Bank, and HypoVereinsbank all offer accounts that can be opened with relative ease. For non-residents, Berliner Sparkasse and Norisbank are two popular choices. When selecting a bank to create an account with, it is important to take into consideration factors such as fees, account benefits, and customer service. Additionally, it is also advisable to check whether the bank offers services in English and its compatible with international banking for any overseas banking requirements," wrote a member who made the move to Munich, Germany.
"No. When I got here as a student, I worked with the Volksbank because they had a free account for students. What I didn't realize was that I could not use this Volksbank service in any other city. It's not like in the US when, for example, you have a Wells Fargo and it is irrelevant in which Wells Fargo you go to in another city or state. I eventually switched to Postbank because of their online services and CashGroup membership," explained one expat living in Munich, Germany.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Munich?
- What do I need to know before moving to Munich?
- How do I find a place to live in Munich?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Munich?
- What is the average cost of housing in Munich?
- How do I meet people in Munich?
- What should I pack when moving to Munich?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Munich?
- Will I be able to find a job in Munich?
- What is life like in Munich?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Munich?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Munich?
- What is the social scene like in Munich?
- What advice to expats in Munich have about housing?
- What are medical services in Munich like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Munich?
- Is the cost of living in Munich high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Munich?
- Why do people move to Munich?
Where should I setup a bank account in Munich?If you live in Munich, newcomers to Munich would love to hear your answer to this question.