Where should I setup a bank account in Almaty?
We asked expats in Almaty what banks they use and there advice about banking. They advised...
"Before retiring in Almaty, expats should familiarize themselves with the local language, as most people in the city speak Kazakh and Russian. Expats should also research the cost of living in Almaty, as prices for goods and services can vary significantly. Additionally, expats should be aware of the local laws and regulations, as well as the visa requirements for staying in the country. Finally, expats should consider the climate in Almaty, as the city experiences cold winters and hot summers," wrote a member who made the move to Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- What should I pack when moving to Almaty?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Almaty?
- Will I be able to find a job in Almaty?
- What is life like in Almaty?
- What do expats in Almaty appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Almaty?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Almaty accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Almaty like?
- What are healthcare services like in Almaty?
- What are medical services in Almaty like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Almaty?
- What are emergency services like in Almaty?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Almaty?
- How are local medical facilities in Almaty?
- As a foreigner living in Almaty, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Where should I setup a bank account in Almaty?If you live in Almaty, newcomers to Almaty would love to hear your answer to this question.