Where should I setup a bank account in Tongyeong?
We asked expats in Tongyeong what banks they use and there advice about banking. They advised...
"Expats considering retirement in Tongyeong should be aware of several key factors. Firstly, it's important to understand that the cost of living can be higher than in other parts of Korea, especially for housing. However, the city offers a high quality of life with its beautiful coastal scenery, fresh seafood, and vibrant arts scene. Learning the Korean language can greatly enhance your experience, as not everyone speaks English. It's also important to familiarize yourself with the local customs and etiquette to integrate smoothly into the community. Healthcare in Korea is of a high standard, but it's recommended to secure comprehensive health insurance. Expats should also be aware that the climate in Tongyeong is relatively mild, but it can get quite cold in the winter. The city is well-connected with other parts of the country through public transportation, but owning a car can be beneficial for exploring the surrounding areas. Lastly, it's important to understand the visa requirements for retiring in Korea. It's generally necessary to apply for a long-term stay visa, which requires proof of financial stability. In terms of safety, Tongyeong is generally safe with a low crime rate, but it's always wise to take standard precautions. Food in Tongyeong is heavily based on seafood, so if you're not a fan, you might need to adjust your diet or seek out other options. Finally, while Tongyeong is a beautiful and peaceful place to retire, it's recommended to visit first to see if it suits your lifestyle and preferences," remarked another expat who made the move to Tongyeong, Korea.
- What should I pack when moving to Tongyeong?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Tongyeong?
- Will I be able to find a job in Tongyeong?
- What is life like in Tongyeong?
- What do expats in Tongyeong appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Tongyeong?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Tongyeong accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Tongyeong like?
- What are healthcare services like in Tongyeong?
- What are medical services in Tongyeong like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tongyeong?
- What are emergency services like in Tongyeong?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Tongyeong?
- How are local medical facilities in Tongyeong?
- As a foreigner living in Tongyeong, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Where should I setup a bank account in Tongyeong?If you live in Tongyeong, newcomers to Tongyeong would love to hear your answer to this question.