How are healthcare services in Paradise Island?
When we asked expats and global nomads about the quality of medical care in Paradise Island, they replied...
"Healthcare services in Paradise Island, are limited but accessible to residents and tourists. The island has a few private clinics and medical centers that offer primary care, emergency services, and minor surgical procedures. For more specialized treatments and advanced medical facilities, patients need to travel to the nearby city of Nassau, which has several well-equipped hospitals and medical centers. These facilities provide a wide range of services, including diagnostics, surgery, and specialist consultations. Additionally, there are pharmacies on Paradise Island where visitors can access prescription medications and over-the-counter drugs. It is essential for tourists to have comprehensive travel insurance that covers medical emergencies and repatriation, as medical costs can be high in the Bahamas," wrote a member who made the move to Paradise Island, Bahamas.
"Regardless of coverage, ensure you have the ability to travel to US for any major care needs. There are many private practitioners but only two hospitals. One is for people without insurance (Princess Margaret) and the other is for people with insurance (Doctors Hospital). Ask around in your community for reliable local providers, especially for kids. We found some incredible providers this way for our children," explained one expat living in Paradise Island, Bahamas.
- What should I pack when moving to Paradise Island?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Paradise Island?
- Will I be able to find a job in Paradise Island?
- What is life like in Paradise Island?
- What do expats in Paradise Island appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Paradise Island?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Paradise Island accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Paradise Island like?
- What are healthcare services like in Paradise Island?
- What are medical services in Paradise Island like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Paradise Island?
- What are emergency services like in Paradise Island?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Paradise Island?
- How are local medical facilities in Paradise Island?
- As a foreigner living in Paradise Island, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
How are healthcare services in Paradise Island?If you live in Paradise Island, newcomers to Paradise Island would love to hear your answer to this question: