What are emergency services like in Hamilton?
When we asked members about emergency services in Hamilton, they wrote...
"In Hamilton, emergency services are provided by the Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service (BFRS). The BFRS provides fire, rescue, and emergency medical services to the community. To call for an ambulance, dial 911. The BFRS will respond to the call and provide the necessary medical assistance," remarked another expat in Hamilton, Bermuda.
"King Edward Memorial Hospital is the only general hospital on the island. It has the usual departments one would expect and most basic problems can be managed on island. Many people however choose or are advised to go overseas for surgery or complex problems. All medical care on island is private, bar a minority of local people with just the basic government health cover. The hospital is on the outskirts of Hamilton city and within 12 miles of any part on the island. A second hospital, Mid Atlantic Wellness Institute looks after mental health problems and learning disabilities. This is in one of the central parishes. Psychiatric care is covered by insurance. Locally problems such as cardiovascular disease, asthma, renal dialysis, orthopaedic surgery, childbirth, paediatrics are all covered in the same fashion as a district general hospital would cover back in UK. You do have an element of choice afforded through your insurance - for example I have one friend who had knee replacement on island and another who went to Boston," said a member in Hamilton, Bermuda.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Hamilton?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Hamilton?
- Will I be able to find a job in Hamilton?
- What is life like in Hamilton?
- What do expats in Hamilton appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Hamilton?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Hamilton accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Hamilton like?
- What are healthcare services like in Hamilton?
- What are medical services in Hamilton like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Hamilton?
- What are emergency services like in Hamilton?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Hamilton?
- How are local medical facilities in Hamilton?
- As a foreigner living in Hamilton, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What are emergency services like in Hamilton?If you live in Hamilton, newcomers to Hamilton would love to hear your answer to this question: