Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
When we asked members in Granada if they typically need to travel to see specialists, they replied...
"Yes, Granada has a good number of medical specialists. People in Granada can access a wide range of medical services, including general practitioners, specialists, and highly specialized medical care. For highly specialized medical care, people in Granada typically go to the University Hospital of Granada, which is one of the largest and most advanced hospitals in the region. The hospital offers a wide range of specialized services, including cardiology, neurology, oncology, and more. Additionally, there are several private clinics in Granada that offer specialized medical care," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Granada, Spain.
"I know of a friend who travels from Granada to Malaga for a cancer treatments weekly for her son. Other than that, I’m afraid I don’t know much about specialist care. I feel that the hospital Vithas has excellent teams of specialists. One of my friends recently had her heart procedure angiogram done at Vithas a few months ago and recived excellent care at Vithas. I don’t think I will travel any," commented one expat who made the move to Granada, Spain.
- What should I pack when moving to Granada?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Granada?
- Will I be able to find a job in Granada?
- What is life like in Granada?
- What do expats in Granada appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Granada?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Granada accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Granada like?
- What are healthcare services like in Granada?
- What are medical services in Granada like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Granada?
- What are emergency services like in Granada?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Granada?
- How are local medical facilities in Granada?
- As a foreigner living in Granada, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Will I need to travel to see a specialist?If you live in Granada, newcomers to Granada would love to hear your answer to this question: