Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
When we asked members in Vienna if they typically need to travel to see specialists, they replied...
"Yes, Vienna has a wide range of medical specialists. People in Vienna can access highly specialized medical care at the Medical University of Vienna, which is one of the largest and most renowned medical universities in Europe. Additionally, Vienna has a number of private hospitals and clinics that specialize in a variety of medical fields, such as cardiology, oncology, neurology, and orthopedics. Furthermore, Vienna is home to a number of research institutes and medical centers that focus on specific areas of medicine, such as the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Cancer Research and the Institute of Molecular Pathology. These institutions provide highly specialized medical care and research opportunities," remarked another expat who made the move to Vienna, Austria.
"Did not have to travel outside of my area, but if I was to I would NOT need a referral," explained one expat living in Vienna, Austria.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Vienna?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Vienna?
- Will I be able to find a job in Vienna?
- What is life like in Vienna?
- What do expats in Vienna appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Vienna?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Vienna accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Vienna like?
- What are healthcare services like in Vienna?
- What are medical services in Vienna like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Vienna?
- What are emergency services like in Vienna?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Vienna?
- How are local medical facilities in Vienna?
- As a foreigner living in Vienna, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Will I need to travel to see a specialist?If you live in Vienna, newcomers to Vienna would love to hear your answer to this question: