Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
When we asked members in Grecia if they typically need to travel to see specialists, they replied...
"Yes, Grecia has a wide range of medical specialists, including general practitioners, dentists, cardiologists, oncologists, and other specialty fields. For highly specialized medical care, patients usually travel to hospitals in San José or to international destinations such as the United States or Europe. Many foreign doctors have set up practices in Costa Rica and offer specialized services. Additionally, several private clinics offer quality medical services and have the necessary technology to perform complex procedures or treatments. In general, locals and visitors feel confident in the quality of medical care that is available in Costa Rica," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Grecia, Costa Rica.
"I have not needed to do that so far, so I have no information except from friends, all who have been HIGHLY pleased with their specialists in San Jose," commented one expat who made the move to Grecia, Costa Rica.
- What should I pack when moving to Grecia?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Grecia?
- Will I be able to find a job in Grecia?
- What is life like in Grecia?
- What do expats in Grecia appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Grecia?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Grecia accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Grecia like?
- What are healthcare services like in Grecia?
- What are medical services in Grecia like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Grecia?
- What are emergency services like in Grecia?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Grecia?
- How are local medical facilities in Grecia?
- As a foreigner living in Grecia, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Will I need to travel to see a specialist?If you live in Grecia, newcomers to Grecia would love to hear your answer to this question: