Are common prescription medications available in Saipan?
When we asked expats in Saipan if common prescription medications are available in Saipan, they wrote...
"Common prescription medications are generally available in Saipan. Saipan is the largest island in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, a U.S. territory in the Western Pacific. The island has several pharmacies and medical facilities where residents and visitors can access prescription medications. However, it is essential to note that the availability of specific medications may vary, and it is always a good idea to bring a sufficient supply of any necessary medications when traveling to Saipan. Additionally, it is recommended to carry a copy of the prescription and a letter from the prescribing physician, as this can help facilitate the process of obtaining medications if needed," explained one expat living in Saipan, the United States.
"Prescription medications are available here, at several pharmacies. It's a little more expensive up front, as I need to pay the full price and then get reimbursed by my insurance afterward (didn't work that way in the states). Compounded medicines are a different story..," said another in Saipan, US.
Get a free international health insurance quote from our partner, Allianz Care, whose plans ensure that you have access to quality healthcare whenever you need it. Allianz's flexible solutions allow you to tailor your cover to meet your needs and budget.
Get a Quote
- What do I need to know before retiring in Saipan?
- What do I need to know before moving to Saipan?
- How do I find a place to live in Saipan?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Saipan?
- What is the average cost of housing in Saipan?
- How do I meet people in Saipan?
- What should I pack when moving to Saipan?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Saipan?
- Will I be able to find a job in Saipan?
- What is life like in Saipan?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Saipan?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Saipan?
- What is the social scene like in Saipan?
- What advice to expats in Saipan have about housing?
- What are medical services in Saipan like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Saipan?
- Is the cost of living in Saipan high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Saipan?
- Why do people move to Saipan?
Are common prescription medications available in Saipan?If you live in Saipan, newcomers to Saipan would love to hear your answer to this question: