Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Granada?
When we asked expats in Granada if healthcare and health insurance are expensive in Granada, they wrote...
"Healthcare in Granada is generally considered to be of a high quality and is available to all citizens and residents. However, it is not free and can be quite expensive for those who do not have health insurance. Health insurance in Granada is also quite expensive, and it is important to shop around for the best deal. Many employers offer health insurance plans to their employees, which can help to reduce the cost," wrote a member who made the move to Granada, Spain.
"I have a private insurance with Sanitas and it costs 80€ per month for a full coverage. I have to see doctors in Sanitas network. I had used the emergency service at the hospital and received excellent care. I also saw a general doctor, and OB/GYN and received excellent care. I’m very happy with the plan with Sanitas," explained one expat living in Granada, Spain.
- What should I pack when moving to Granada?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Granada?
- Will I be able to find a job in Granada?
- What is life like in Granada?
- What do expats in Granada appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Granada?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Granada accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Granada like?
- What are healthcare services like in Granada?
- What are medical services in Granada like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Granada?
- What are emergency services like in Granada?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Granada?
- How are local medical facilities in Granada?
- As a foreigner living in Granada, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Granada?If you live in Granada, newcomers to Granada would love to hear your answer to this question: