Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Nassau?
When we asked expats in Nassau if healthcare and health insurance are expensive in Nassau, they wrote...
"Healthcare and health insurance in Nassau can be expensive. The cost of medical care is generally higher than in other countries, and health insurance premiums can be costly. Additionally, many medical services are not covered by insurance, so out-of-pocket expenses can add up quickly. However, there are some government-subsidized health insurance plans available to help offset the cost of medical care," said another expat in Nassau, Bahamas.
"I have found that the health insurance costs is more related to your health history then where you choose to live. Exclusions in new policies are common if you have a history of certain health problems. I have expat insurance as well as international health care insurance and have found them to be adequate in paying for both emergency situations as well as routine costs. The one problem has always been that I must pay for many services on my own first and then have it reimbursed by the health care provider, this can be hard on the cash flow if you don't have the money put aside for an emergency situation," wrote a member who made the move to Nassau, Bahamas.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
- What should I pack when moving to Nassau?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Nassau?
- Will I be able to find a job in Nassau?
- What is life like in Nassau?
- What do expats in Nassau appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Nassau?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Nassau accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Nassau like?
- What are healthcare services like in Nassau?
- What are medical services in Nassau like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Nassau?
- What are emergency services like in Nassau?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Nassau?
- How are local medical facilities in Nassau?
- As a foreigner living in Nassau, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Nassau?If you live in Nassau, newcomers to Nassau would love to hear your answer to this question: