Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tartu?
When we asked expats in Tartu if healthcare and health insurance are expensive in Tartu, they wrote...
"Healthcare and health insurance in Tartu, can be considered relatively affordable compared to many other countries. Estonia has a national health insurance system, which covers most medical expenses for its citizens. However, private health insurance is also available for those who prefer additional coverage or faster access to certain services. The cost of healthcare services and insurance in Tartu is generally reasonable, with many residents finding it accessible and of good quality. Nevertheless, some specialized treatments or procedures might be more expensive, depending on the individual's needs and preferences," said a member in Tartu, Estonia.
Get a free international health insurance quote from our partner, Allianz Care, whose plans ensure that you have access to quality healthcare whenever you need it. Allianz's flexible solutions allow you to tailor your cover to meet your needs and budget.
Get a Quote
- What should I pack when moving to Tartu?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Tartu?
- Will I be able to find a job in Tartu?
- What is life like in Tartu?
- What do expats in Tartu appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Tartu?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Tartu accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Tartu like?
- What are healthcare services like in Tartu?
- What are medical services in Tartu like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tartu?
- What are emergency services like in Tartu?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Tartu?
- How are local medical facilities in Tartu?
- As a foreigner living in Tartu, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tartu?If you live in Tartu, newcomers to Tartu would love to hear your answer to this question: