What do people like (and dislike) about Porlamar?
When we asked expats and global nomads what they like and dislike about living in Porlamar, they replied...
"Expats and digital nomads living in Porlamar, often like the beautiful beaches, warm climate, and stunning natural scenery that the area offers. They also appreciate the low cost of living, which allows them to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle without breaking the bank. The friendly and welcoming locals make it easy for expats to feel at home and integrate into the community. On the other hand, expats and digital nomads may dislike the political instability and economic challenges that Venezuela is currently facing. This can lead to issues such as high crime rates, shortages of basic goods, and unreliable public services. Additionally, the lack of reliable internet and limited options for coworking spaces can be frustrating for digital nomads who rely on connectivity for their work. Finally, the language barrier can be a challenge for those who do not speak Spanish, as English is not widely spoken in Porlamar," explained one expat living in Porlamar, Venezuela.
- What should I pack when moving to Porlamar?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Porlamar?
- Will I be able to find a job in Porlamar?
- What is life like in Porlamar?
- What do expats in Porlamar appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Porlamar?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Porlamar accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Porlamar like?
- What are healthcare services like in Porlamar?
- What are medical services in Porlamar like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Porlamar?
- What are emergency services like in Porlamar?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Porlamar?
- How are local medical facilities in Porlamar?
- As a foreigner living in Porlamar, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do people like (and dislike) about Porlamar?If you live in Porlamar, newcomers to Porlamar would love to hear your answer to this question: